Skilled Relief Operator (Internal)
This role is open to Internal Applicants only. In order to be eligible for this position, the applicant must be currently employed at United Dairymen of Arizona (UDA).
"Put me in, Coach! I'm ready to play today!" The Skilled Relief Operator is the ultimate utility player - whatever the position, time, or place, you're ready to get in and take on the world. As a Skilled Relief Operator you'll put all your knowledge of UDA plant operations to work. You'll be trained in all areas of the UDA facility to lend coverage support, as needed. Whether it's receiving, production operator, general laborer, forklift operator... you get the picture - you'll be ready to do it all!
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to operate all equipment in the following areas of the plant: E-7, Lactose plant 1 & 2, UF plant 1 & 2, Load Out, R-2, Plant 4, and the process area
- Perform the startup and shutdown functions of process equipment
- Perform CIP and process connections
- CIP all process equipment, silos and lines
- Operate Rogers 1 evaporator, Mojo evaporator and R1 dryer
- Operate the HTST pasteurizers on both evaporators
- Perform silo transfers and make connections for receiving milk
- Perform bag house and sifter inspections
- Keep accurate and legible records
- Take and analyze product samples and make process adjustments
- Always maintain food safety and quality standards, resolving and/or reporting compliance issues immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of UDA plants, production equipment, tools, and machinery
- Strong understanding of UDA's standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ability to learn new process
- Ability to learn and operate complex production machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to project manage and complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent integrity with the ability to self-manage and prioritize urgent requests with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Strong time management skills with the ability to complete various tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, hear, speak, comprehend, carry out instructions
- Ability to have an extremely flexible schedule which will include working days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts
- At least 2 years of experience in a plant, warehouse, operator position at UDA, food production, or dairy processing environment
- Knowledge of evaporators, dryers, and food manufacturing process
- High school degree or GED
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable differently abled individuals to satisfactorily perform the essential functions.
- Requires ability to walk and stand for 12 or more hours at a time
- Requires ability to safely operate equipment by visually observing the condition of equipment and surroundings
- Requires ability to hear and speak, occasionally in high time weighted average environments with elevated decibel readings (using appropriate hearing protection)
- Requires ability to walk, stand, stoop, bend, reach, lift, push, pull and carry items up to 55lbs
- Requires ability to push and pull items up to 150lbs
- Requires ability to climb ladders and stairs of various heights occasionally including floors of 100ft or more, with appropriate fall protection PPE
- Requires ability to work in varying extreme hot, cold, and wet temperatures and conditions
- Requires ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals
- Requires ability to work in confined spaces frequently
- Ability to safely operate a forklift occasionally
UDA is a local, family-owned, dairy cooperative committed to serve the needs of our members, community, and customers by providing high quality milk and dairy products. As the only milk marketing co-op in the state, UDA oversees the production, processing, and marketing of Arizona’s finest milk products from farm to Retail in 48 hours or less. From sweet cream and butter to non-fat dry milk, UDA provides milk products to manufactures and supermarket chains throughout the Grand Canyon State.
Our motto at UDA is “United in Excellence.” The dairy industry’s success isn’t built on one dairy or brand, it’s built on the community as a whole - this includes our amazing employees. When you join UDA, you’re not just joining a business, you’re joining a family. Since 1960 UDA has been headquartered, operated, and managed in Arizona. We strive to provide our employees with rewarding career opportunities aimed at long-term stability, growth, and advancement. We put our heart and soul into our products and value our team who show up, every day and do the work.
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Pay Differential
- Education Assistance
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-Site Health Clinic
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list; employees may be subject to additional, or altered, tasks and the scope of the role may change as necessitated by business demands. UDA will not consider any application submissions from unauthorized third-parties, consulting, or external staffing firms and will not be held subject, or liable, to any terms, fees, or penalties associated with a submission.
UDA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.